Rhyd-y-Grug have been implementing new technologies and new ways of working in the classroom and this has proven to be a success as evidenced in their recent inspection report. They have gone through a major change in the way they manage both the data and mobile IT equipment in school. Systems have been deployed to make the sharing of information much more accessible for Teachers and Pupils, and their iPads have been set-up to allow easy, stress-free management. Teachers have been exploring new apps like Green Screen video editors and eBook creators and the pupils have really enjoyed creating engaging content.
Rhyd-y-Grug would like to share some of the knowledge and benefits of the way they work and are running an event in conjunction with Halo Support, the school’s partner for technology support, with the aim of spreading knowledge and ideas among local schools. There will be talks and demos from Mr Williams the Headteacher, Teaching Staff, and Halo Support.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- The engagement of pupils and response to new ways of working
- Google G Suite for Education and their journey so far
- iPad Management, and how it has taken the stress away from staff
- Potential issues and obstacles they overcame
- The future of their technology journey
- How you can implement some or all of these ideas in your school